Surya Yoga Sadhana - Practice Panel - 11/20/2012 (Viewed 8 times)
Standard
Rating: 106

Meditationtime Forum Post

Date:  Posted 5 years before Dec 04, 2017

unlimitedsun 5 years ago

Tues. - 11/20/2012

Yoga-Breath of fire practice session:

Session was focused on the lower part of the body with a need of relatively more effort in the left thigh.

More resistance was felt from the body generally speaking.

Life Force Energy:

The energy was awakened, and manifested throughout.

Shift in practice: attempts at willing the energy downward versus soliciting it to rise as usual.

Compression was executed in a limited fashion, as attention/will power followed the energy as it spread/manifested, encouraging it to spread further, as well as shed insight/light into the subtle body.

One aspect of the compression is more about the trail of pain at this stage.

Mind focus: a dynamic and exerted process of observing and analyzing by the mind and intellect.

The sound was loud, perhaps too much, it was coming from all ends, and it was disorienting. I can hear it loud just sitting quietly.

There was sound from all around, but some areas in the mind had different level of volume, or were perceived differently. Initially however, there was a very succinct bell sound coming from the slightly higher right temporal lobe region. I thought to myself that this is odd, because there was no perception at the expected location, by the left ear. So I went to the left ear region to search briefly and return to where there is that clear sound. I then realize that it is the same sound that would be by the left ear which is now distinctly perceivable to the right.

As has been the case in the past when naad gets very loud, it is accompanied with a mist of tingling sensations over the entire body. When immobile, as laying in bed I feel wrapped in a cocoon of that sensation and to a degree weightless if I focus on the sensations.

Attempts were made to maintain locks until the energy dissipates, along with momentary deep breaths to increase breathing capability.

Bringing about an increased control over the life force energy.

Goals and Objectives –long term/ adjusted:

Subtle body detection: looking down in the trunk more.

Book Readings:

The "Yoga Sutras" of Pantajali; Enlightenment in practical terms!

Subtle body ventures or interests recalled synopses/ retell:

Reenactment of family activity from the summer time...

Reflections:

Rshi, some indications on dietary adjustment will be posted under: "Surya Dietary Adjustments" in the category of nutrition.