Pranotthana Kriya / Swami Rama (Viewed 28 times)
Standard
Rating: 106
Pranotthana Kriya / Swami Rama
Posted on April 21, 2017

Meditationtime Forum Post

Date:  Posted 5 years before Apr 21, 2017

MiBeloved 5 years ago

Last night in the astral world, I had an encounter with another person from the early part of the life of this body. This again is an omen about the upcoming death of this body. This is a signpost which states: “You will soon be evicted from that form. Heed these warnings.”

The person I met was an acquaintance from the early stage of this body. That person wanted to hash over incidences from the past. I avoided that and simply mentioned the subject of our upcoming eviction from old bodies. The person was uncertain about where we would go and whom we would meet. That person said, “Since up to now there have been little or no experience of an astral heaven, my assumption is that these religions are farces. Heaven might be there but we are not able to perceive any of it. So what is our situation? We will just again come in as babies here or there at random or be wandering ghosts in the astral domains.”

Soon after this, it was time to do the before-dawn session of breath infusion. I got up to do that and this person followed me on the astral side and began doing some of the practice, by just doing whatever I did. This person was shown these practices by me way back around 1974, but had left aside the practice. Now that person is thinking that perhaps the practice should have been maintained.

About this time Swami Rama showed up in his astral body. He was in a very happy mood for some reason, but he wanted to check on my practice in terms of the Agnisara stomach pump infusion practice.

This is a practice which a yogi is supposed to master before leaving the body. If this is done successfully the yogi will not have to take a haphazard rebirth. Instead if the yogi has to take another body, if fate decrees that as mandatory, the yogi will be able to select the new parents and plan out a way to again skip and hop out of the usual social life and continue yoga practice in the new body as soon as the body reaches maturity and the parental influence wanes.

As I was practicing, Swami Rama looked into my subtle form and made some recommendation. It was like looking into a person’s body using X-ray vision where one can see the organs in the body and how they are operating.

Swami Rama instructed that I should focus on the foot spark practice for some time until the feet were shocked out.

This foot spark practice entails blasting breath infusion through the center of the leg into the foot. There is a subtle pipe in the subtle body which runs along the leg just as the leg bone runs in the center of the physical leg. A yogi, if he is able to reach this pipe should breath-infuse it so that the infused force blows from the knee downwards into the foot. When the infused breath reaches the foot, if the yogi is able to push it out of the tube it will make sparks in the foot.

Agnisara practice is usually described as a navel exercise, consisting of violent rupturing turns of the stomach region, but to complete the practice, one has to change the energy from the navel downwards into the feet, even into the toes.

Kundalini yoga as it is commonly advertised concerns the spinal column, having to do with energy moving up the spine into the brain. When this is achieved in real terms the yogi will find that there is an added practice, which is infusing the lower trunk of the body with prana and using the same channels or nadis which kundalini used in the past when the yogi was not causing kundalini to move upwards.

Kundalini is the natural supervisor of energy distribution in the body, both in the physical and astral forms. So when a yogi causes kundalini to abandon its creature survival tasks, the yogi must then take up some of these routines directly by infusing breath energy (prana) into the various hard to reach places of the psyche. The yogi uses the same nadi channels which were designed and used by kundalini previously.

This practice is under the general name of pranotthana.

pranotthana