Practice Report/Mind lock (Viewed 28 times)
Standard
Rating: 107
Practice Report/Mind lock
Posted on April 14, 2018

Meditationtime Forum Post

Date:  Posted 5 years before Apr 14, 2018

devaPriya Yogini 5 years ago

4-9-13

I had a big kundalini event yesterday, so during this morning’s practice I was especially observant of things.

I focused intensely on how and why whatever happens.

I started this kundalini practice with 15 years of khapalabhati exercising under my belt as well as 10 years of engaging all locks except the mind. 

Therefore, amplifying and exaggerating into the powerful breath infusion our Acharya teaches us came fairy quickly and easily and activating bandhas wasn’t new.

Since I live in my body currently, I am aware of the power of my bandhas,

and Im aware that i have a great deal of muscle control.

But one lock i took for granted and that’s the one i failed to stay committed to yesterday when i had to drop to my knees and deal with the repercussions.

I was informed yesterday that my bhandas are inefficient.

After my analysis during this morning’s practice, I agree this is very much partly true.

This morning I went through all the required postures,

and when i came to the one that causes me the kundalini rise,

i focused my mind like a laser on the strength and quality of each lock.

When I come up out of the posture into erect standing, i waited, because it takes a few seconds, then i feel it coming up, up, up and everything’s fine until it gets to my head.

That’s when things go wild.

It’s the mind lock that was missing for me. 

Before, I realize, i was only slightly engaging it, even though my eyes roll up and in and i thought i was doing it pretty good, it wasn’t even close to enough. 

For me, it has to be super locked.  Extra locked.  The others seem fine. 

My body is really strong inside and the locks feel like an internal zipper easily zipping up my insides, creating a passage way..

but the mind lock isn’t like a muscular manipulation, it’s subtle and obviously mental

and extremely important.

I experimented and did the posture with breath infusion several times,

each time standing up and watching kundalini rise,

i noticed that the reengagement of the mind lock aided me in maintaining myself, my consciousness and staying in the joyous pleasure of this experience,

instead of dropping to my knees and fighting for lucidity.

Knowing this, engaging this lock super strong every time...

this is going to help me progress.

============================

Meditation was good. 

I continue to have a little tiny me dressed in sparkly hot pink sitting in my head,

first she explores the components of my head and luckily she has started wanting to face backward most all the time. 

She is able to shrink down to super tiny proportions and during this meditation she said "watch this" and showed me the tip of a needle and herself as the tiniest little thing taking up a millionth of the space.

Naad was soothing and steady, the louder it becomes the more spectacular the geometry is in the vision space.  The little me sits in observance without attachment.

Alfredo 5 years ago

Very nice. Impressive!

Your previous practice allows you to learn so fast.

I have been experiencing this with these kneeling asanas for a few months already, that's why I can opine.

I do 3 practices daily nowadays, and rarely fail to bring up Kundalini each time.

When the mind lock is loose, Kundalini can hit the Buddhi organ and disorient it, causing that blackout. The sense of Ahamkara is also temporarily lost, thus one perceives without knowing.  If it continues and enervates Brahmarandra, then one of 3 things will usually occur: a blackout with myriad, tiny, stars inside the head; a white out when the head is flooded with milky, white light; a gold out when similar things occur with golden light.

When the mind lock works, and the hit on brahmarandra is controlled, meaning some of the energy is prevented from entering, or some of the energy that entered is allowed to escape, once the mind is accustomed to the surge of energy, I usually see white "snowflakes" inside the head.

What is the objective? To do it as many times as needed to bore Sushumna open for good, this will produce the famous "kundalini awakening" when Kundalini flows into the head non-stop.

Thank you Alfredo~~~and thanks for the advice!!

MiBeloved 5 years ago

devaPriya Yogini wrote:

This morning I went through all the required postures, and when i came to the one that causes me the kundalini rise, i focused my mind like a laser on the strength and quality of each lock.

When I come up out of the posture into erect standing, i waited, because it takes a few seconds, then i feel it coming up, up, up and everything’s fine until it gets to my head.

That’s when things go wild.

It’s the mind lock that was missing for me. 

Before, I realize, i was only slightly engaging it, even though my eyes roll up and in and i thought i was doing it pretty good, it wasn’t even close to enough. 

For me, it has to be super locked.  Extra locked.  The others seem fine. 

My body is really strong inside and the locks feel like an internal zipper easily zipping up my insides, creating a passage way..

but the mind lock isn’t like a muscular manipulation, it’s subtle and obviously mental and extremely important.

I experimented and did the posture with breath infusion several times, each time standing up and watching kundalini rise,

i noticed that the reengagement of the mind lock aided me in maintaining myself, my consciousness and staying in the joyous pleasure of this experience,

instead of dropping to my knees and fighting for lucidity.

Knowing this, engaging this lock super strong every time...

this is going to help me progress.

MiBeloved's Response:

Mind lock can be mastered over time. Doing the chapter 1 of the Meditation Pictorial book and mastering that is a great help with the mind lock. Those exercises cause the student to be aware of the various components of the mind on a basic level.

Mastery of how kundalini comes into the head, of how kundalini is divested in the trunk of the body is also related. This mastery is gained over time if you keep practicing consistently.

Kundalini Yoga using bhastrika is a rapid method but only if you practice every day and apply yourself fittingly. It is a fair system where if you practice you will get results and guidance, and also pranic energy itself will on occasion show you the way.

One thing which a human being has going against him or her, is the feature of concentration of hormones in certain areas of the physical and subtle bodies. The natural system is for this concentration of energy in specific parts of the body. The result of this is that certain parts of the body have a tendency to go through a burn-out like if the current which entered into a house to be used by all the appliances in the house was directed to just one appliance.

Nature’s motive for this concentration of energy is reproduction but the nature of the energy is that it causes an interpretation of pleasure in the mind of the entity concerned. This interpretation makes matters worse in the sense that the entity gets bogged down with focus on the pleasure areas of the body above all else.

This makes for a lopsided aspect in the psyche with super-concentration in certain areas only, and much less energy in others. In a spiritual body this does not take place because there the energy in one part is the equivalent of energy in every other part. This super focus in certain parts does not take place.

Once when I laid down in a boiler room of a large building, lying on cardboard on a concrete floor, I suddenly assumed my spiritual body. Then a short distance away about 15 feet for the most was the divine boy Krishna. Out of my eyes rays were coming out like laser beams and the passage between He and myself was saturated with spiritual energy. His body was iridescent and was emanating a tremendous amount of bliss energy which was unbearable. I could hardly tolerate it and was on the edge limit of my spiritual form’s capacity to be in his presence. His form was like that of a 9 year old boy. His body was deep blue like when there is flax growing in large field and the blue flowers bloom all at once so that you see a sea of blue color.

The whole body had this bliss energy emanating from it and also emanating from Krishna and also emanating from the spiritual environs. This means that the spiritual body is not like the material body or like the astral form which we use right now. The spiritual body does not have that aspect where energy is limited according to the various areas of it.

We are conditioned under this physical and astral form and so we are trying to get some happiness and pleasure in the way which the physical system allows.

This messed up kundalini yoga practice in the beginning. However if one practices one can break up this system of nature and cause the whole subtle body to have the concentration of energy in every part of it.

When kundalini rises into the head, it has the same rotten attitude that it did before in aspects like sex experience or in say, sugar addiction experience, where we find that internally in the privacy of our psyche we focus on particular parts of the body, like the genitals and the tasting sense in the mouth. These areas of the body demand our undivided attention, like we see with children who become addicted to sugary foods. The tongue expresses a lopsided influence on the psyche. And of course we are familiar with the sexual organs and their dominance.

Over time however the energy will dispense and spread through the psyche evenly and will abandon this concentration in particular parts of it.

Thank you Michael

I'll work more with the book and the mind lock.

Everything went pretty well this morning with super focus on the mind lock.

and you are definitely right about the hormone energy concentrations...

MiBeloved wrote:

When kundalini rises into the head, it has the same rotten attitude that it did before in aspects like sex experience or in say, sugar addiction experience, where we find that internally in the privacy of our psyche

devaPriya Yogini's query:

when you have time will please elaborate slightly on this?

MiBeloved 5 years ago

When kundalini rises into the head, it has the same rotten attitude that it did before in aspects like sex experience or in say, sugar addiction experience, where we find that internally in the privacy of our psyche we focus on particular parts of the body, like the genitals and the tasting sense in the mouth. These areas of the body demand our undivided attention, like we see with children who become addicted to sugary foods. The tongue expresses a lopsided influence on the psyche. And of course we are familiar with the sexual organs and their dominance.

More Remarks:

Being that one woke up in material existence as an infant in the arms of one’s mother or guardian, one is apt to think that material nature as it is, is the reality, and is the way of existence, period.

This is the conclusion because as infants we had no recall of our past lives. Even those classic ascetics who have some recall usually have it as an intuition and not as definite sensual proofs. Material nature insists on abolishing the memory of the past life. Therefore one finds oneself to be a new existence, just beginning soon after one is expelled from the mother’s body.

Our orientation is towards learning how to exploit the body we have as well as the environment which the body exist in, an environment which was here millions of years before we became aware of it.

Even a small creature like an ant has this idea that its body should be exploited and that the environment is there for the taking. Whatever urges are there in the body, drives us for fulfillment, for taking from the environment whatever it pleases us to have.

An ant on the jungle floor in South America is busy trying to find some valuable food source or some valuable mineral source which it needs to build its empire and to lord it over other minute life forms and even attack the kings of the jungle like the aborigines and the big cats.

When nature urges there are sexual liaison between the queen ant and some male or males of the species. We see in the human species that mating is actually a kind of ritual performance. Especially in primitive societies this is very obvious. But in the insect kingdom it is also a ritual, where a queen ant emerges from her birth chamber and systematically goes about checking to see if there are any potential rivals. If she finds anything then she saves them from having rivalry with her in the family by giving them the sting of death.

That done, the act of sending them to the ant astral afterworld, she more or less has made her voice heard to them, telling them that for them to be in the family, they have to be reborn as her servant-daughters.

Then this queen, who killed every one of her royal sisters, flies out of the nest in royal glory, with hundreds of her non-regal sisters. Then she mates with one or more males and flies back into the nest or flies to a new place where her non-regal sisters will make a colony-nest.

Everything is focalized and there is no equality anywhere. Only human beings are ever obsessed with feeling that they ought to be or are equal to everything else.

Standard
Rating: 107
Re: Practice Report/Mind lock
Reply #1 Posted on April 14, 2018

Continued from above…

The orientation of the body is for specific organs to yield specific exploitations of energy either in the body itself or outside of the body, either alone or in conjunction with others. But the fact remains that our orientation is based on the design of the body. Thus we are stuck with only ideas of existence which were shown to us by the material body.

How then can we go to another world system if that place has different enjoyment parameters? The chances are just about nil, unless we can get some insight into those different places and the means of access of enjoyments there with the psychic or spiritual biologies of those worlds.

Patanjali alerted that to go to a higher dimension, the psyche has to be saturated with the energy from that higher place, and it must do so while it is in this place which may be drastically different. Otherwise if we remain with only what the material body has shown us and allowed us to enjoy, we will never transit to any higher place.