Practice Report - Alfredo D - Wednesday 11/21/2012 (Viewed 8 times)
Standard
Rating: 106

Meditationtime Forum Post

Date:  Posted 5 years before Dec 06, 2017

Alfredo 5 years ago

नमः शिवाय

AM Practice

Woke up at 5:00 AM (Brahma-Muhurta). Practice was standard overall and lasted approximately 85 minutes.

Svadhyaya: Returned to “Meditation Pictorial”, almost done with Chapter 14 (last chapter, very important, many diagrams). Also read a few pages from “The Life of the Buddha” by Nanamoli.

Dedication: 15-minute mantra session doing Tratak (eye concentration) on effigy of Lord Shiva using a Maalaa. Practice dedicated to Lord Shiva. This mantra session practice I have done on and off since initiated into it by Swami Jyotirmayananda in the year 2000. I am steadying now in conjunction with the Kundalini yoga, and due to Shiva's sponsorship of yogis.

Breath Infusion: 30 minutes of Bhastrika prânâyâma while doing several asanas. Infusion emphasis was on the lower trunk and the feet.

Meditation: Consisted of 30 minutes with concentration on Naad sound after bringing the concentration slowly to the back of the head.

Spiritual State of Mind: Sadhana continues to be centered on the following pillars:

1.  Doing as much Bhastrika prânâyâma as possible to affect quick changes on the subtle body, manly towards the goal of celibacy and urdhvaretas.

2. Manifesting consciously the divine or holiness in everything I do, meaning right mindfulness.

3.  Controlling thoughts by using Pratipaksha Bhavana (rapidly changing bad thoughts for the thought of God using Brahman-Abhyasa, often using a mantra as the tool), knowing that the mind can only entertain one thought at a time.

4.  Emphasis on the psychology and knowledge of the subtle body.

Dream recall: One dream recalled vividly. It was of nightmarish conditions, which continues to be a reminder of where I will go if death were to suddenly strike, thus much constructive work is needed in this regard. I am approaching this requirement by a concerted effort to increase dream recall and lucidity.

MiBeloved 5 years ago

Alfredo wrote:

Dream recall: One dream recalled vividly. It was of nightmarish conditions, which continues to be a reminder of where I will go if death were to suddenly strike, thus much constructive work is needed in this regard. I am approaching this requirement by a concerted effort to increase dream recall and lucidity.

MiBeloved's Response:

There is much trash in your subconscious mind from this and from previous lives. Everyone is afflicted in this way with what is termed by Patanjali as the kleshas, which are the psychological afflictions which plague us life after life, and which is due to hazardous social associations with many entities using human or other types of mundane life forms.

In your subconscious (particularly you) there is a part of it which is like when one is an alligator living in a murky swamp with other gators and with other vicious life forms and bacteria. In a place like that there are many horrors but that is the life, hey, in such places.

So keep up your meditation. Over time you will be able to come to grips with this.

There are also many pockets in your subconscious which has areas like this from your past lives. As you are reading about Buddha right now stay alert about the time when he went back into his previous lives even as an aquatic species.

Those are horrors but eventually one can get one’s thumb on this. Good luck!

=====================================

There is a statement in the material world which runs like this:

One who has glass windows should not throw stones.

So if you have a cesspool or in fact cesspools or even a set of Florida Everglades in your subconscious, then how is it that you have this idea that you can help others with their spiritual life. Seems to me that such a view is irrational. First clean up your own shit, then worry about others, if there is any time left for you to do that.

I said that to you before in past lives and so now again I am saying this. Heed your yoga gurus and forget about helping other persons because you need all your strength just to get yourself out of this.

Student you are!

Teacher you are not!

Alfredo 5 years ago

I appreciate your bluntness.

What you wrote is true, so I thank you.

=====================================

PM Practice

Practice was good and lasted 60 minutes.

Breath Infusion: Consisted of a 30-minute Bhastrika prânâyâma practice. Kundalini was successfully solicited and raised up sushumna twice during the practice. Practice was strong.

Meditation: Consisted of 30 minutes with concentration strictly on Naad sound. Naad sound was coming at a higher pitch from the left ear, but could be heard from both sides.

MiBeloved 5 years ago

Alfredo wrote:

Naad sound was coming at a higher pitch from the left ear, but could be heard from both sides.

MiBeloved's Response:

Naad sound nodes should be investigated. When naad comes from both sides or round-about, then investigate the node or nodes. These are the source points.