Practice Report - Alfredo D - Wednesday 10/10/2012 (Viewed 9 times)
Standard
Rating: 106

Meditationtime Forum Post

Date:  Posted 5 years before Oct 08, 2017

Alfredo 5 years ago

नमः शिवाय

AM Practice

Woke up for practice at 4:45 (Brahma-muhurta). Quality of practice was good. It consisted of 90 minutes in a motel room with the air conditioning off and the window open. Emphasis was on dream recall.

Svadhyaya: Continued study of 2nd Chapter of “Bhagavad Gita Explained” named “Divine State”.

Dedication: Practice dedicated to Lord Shiva after mantra (Om Namah Shivaya) and incantation.

Breath Infusion: 45 minutes of Bhastrika prânâyâma infusing breath on the navel. Kundalini arose forcefully towards the end.

Meditation: 45 minutes meditation on the back of the head in shavasana (cadaver position = reclining).  Most of the meditation consisted of concentration on the area of the back of the head. Naad sound was heard all along. The concentration is brought back and elongated carefully and painstakingly, for the goal of long-lasting relaxed Dhyana. There is an ongoing investigation started into the nature of Kundalini when it enters the head.

Dream recall: 4 dreams recalled! All of them vividly (non-lucid). This was basically a whole night affair. This is indeed a step forward in this regard, which is due partly to using the Paul Brunton’s technique before falling asleep. Not that I am proud of the themes entertained in these 4 dreams, not at all; however, they give me an opportunity to peek into the nature of my soul, and on how much work needs to be done to improve their quality.