Practice Report - Alfredo D - Tuesday 12/18/2012 (Viewed 100 times)
Standard
Rating: 107

Meditationtime Forum Post

Date:  Posted 5 years before Jan 12, 2018

Alfredo 5 years ago

नमः शिवाय

AM Practice

Woke up at 5:00 AM (Brahma-Muhurta). Practice was standard and lasted 70 minutes.

Svadhyaya: Continued with Chapter 3 of “Bhagavad Gita Explained” – “Cultural Activity and Renunciation”.

Dedication: Mantra session dedicated to Mahadeva, doing Tratak (eye concentration) on effigy of Lord Shiva. Jay Mahadeva!

Breath Infusion: Approximately 30 minutes breath-of-fire prânâyâma while doing several asanas. Breath infusion emphasis was on the lower trunk and thighs. Kundalini was solicited up sushumna twice. A new asana was introduced. The one with arms raised without support, fingers extended, balancing on tiptoes, depicted with a drawing on Page 129 of “Bhagavad Gita Explained”.

Meditation: 30 minutes with concentration on naad on back of head. Tracing Associations: Continues to be the focus of preparation for meditation, as this is critical for success and advancement.

Sadhana Planning and Tapasya:

1.  Thokar Kriya in between breath-of-fire sessions.

2.  Continue raising Kundalini up Sushumna Nadi with the objective of permanently boring sushumna open.

3.  Diet: Sattvic food, eat as little as possible.

Dream recall: 3 dreams were recalled. The first one was a long dream regarding the teachings of Krishna to Arjuna in Chapter 3 of the Gita. In it, the asana described above was reviewed once and again. This dream occurred first as a borderline between the land of dreams and wakefulness. The other 2 were of neutral character, nothing to worry about them at least.

Pool 5 years ago

Alfredo wrote:

"A new asana was introduced. The one with arms raised without support, fingers extended, balancing on tiptoes"

Pool's comment:

I guess the asana you are talking about is more or less like this:

Vajrasana_Pranam 

Alfredo 5 years ago

No, Thomer, please go to page 129 of "Bhagavad Gita Explained", there is a drawing image there. Notice that in the asana above the person is kneeling, in the one referred to, described, you remain on tiptoes, it is most powerful. Apparently, Arjuna remained in that asana for the longest time while performing Tapasya in the Himalayas (Mahabharata), it is related to the ability to control body temperature also, it was rehearsed to me during that dream last night from several angles, by Arjuna and by Krishna himself.

I do not know if I have sent you the script by Paul Brunton about how to enter the "twilight zone" before falling asleep. I posted this here once. Once you are bent on a certain teaching, outcome, when that has become paramount to you, you can use this technique and fall into that zone.

MiBeloved 5 years ago

Here is the diagram:

Tadasana  

Alfredo 5 years ago

Yes!

==================================

PM Practice consisted of a forceful 30 minutes of breath-of-fire. Practiced with joy the asana depicted above.

30 minutes meditation. Naad was blaring, a cacophony in the whole head. Higher pitch from the left back, but also blasting on the right side. On the left, there was an outer vortex, then an inner, finer, one. I could hear Naad reverberate in the front too, everywhere practically. With this, I can meditate. With Naad, the meditation ceases to be work.

MiBeloved 5 years ago

Naad may be regarded as the soul mate of the yogi or yogini.

Last night just before resting, I had this idea to note what usually happens in my case just before resting, to see if there are other realities which impose themselves.

After so many years of meditating practically daily, for about 40 years, still yesterday just before resting there were minds present in my mind but there was also naad, my good friend and secret lover.

But the other minds which were present imposed themselves and tried to cancel out naad. This is like when a man has more than one woman. Now if these women become aware of each other and if they happen to be at the same place at the same time with that man, then there will be a competitive play of energy, where they will compete to cancel out each other, so as to attain prominence. One might say to the other, “I am the one he really loves. You should scamper away, you ugly little nothing. Don’t you see that you are a drab? He feels sorry for you; that is why he talks to you. Do you call that love, you little kitten. Better save yourself now. Go away.”

So like that there was this hassle in my mind with these other minds present in my mind with various ideas of what I should or should not do and where I should invest my attention. But then naad came to my rescue and pulled me away.

That is like when a young boy who has no sexual experience is with some sexually-experienced women at a forbidden place. Then someone who sees him, runs to his mother and reports that he might be introduced to sex by some grown women. His mother panics because she does not want her son to have carnal knowledge. She goes to that place just in time before any hanky panky can happen. Then she calls him. He runs to his mother and goes safely away with her to their home where he can get something to eat and be at peace with himself without tasting the forbidden fruit of sexual relationships.

Just before resting someone is calling me over there in the astral world, another person is calling me over here. None of these persons are concerned about the instructions I got from my yoga-guru about listening to naad and abandoning everything else. They do not care about that. They want my attention, my association. But somehow by the grace of my yoga-gurus, I was rescued by naad again.

Alfredo 5 years ago

Thanks for sharing that. Very powerful!