Practice Report - Alfredo D - Tuesday 11/20/2012 (Viewed 8 times)
Standard
Rating: 106

Meditationtime Forum Post

Date:  Posted 5 years before Dec 05, 2017

Alfredo 5 years ago

नमः शिवाय

AM Practice

Practice was standard overall and lasted approximately 85 minutes.

Svadhyaya: Returned to “Meditation Pictorial”, starting Chapter 14 (last chapter, very important, many diagrams). Also read a few pages from “The Life of the Buddha” by Nanamoli.

Dedication: 10-minute mantra session doing Tratak (eye concentration) on effigy of Lord Shiva using a Maalaa. Practice dedicated to Lord Shiva.

Breath Infusion: 45 minutes of Bhastrika prânâyâma while doing several asanas. Infusion emphasis was on the lower trunk strictly. The spectacular blackouts caused by Kundalini rising up Sushumna nadi seem to be a thing of the past. This started when the prânâyâma practiced was ramped up, now there is mild disorienting of the Buddhi organ, together with an enervating sensation around the crown chakra. Whether there is the factor of getting accustomed (as the body gets accustomed to many things) or like the Acharya said, that the core-self is verily facing Kundalini as it goes up.

Meditation: Consisted of 30 minutes with strict concentration on Naad sound. Naad was very strong coming from the left ear.

Spiritual State of Mind: Nowadays my Sadhana is centered on the following pillars:

1.  Doing as much Bhastrika prânâyâma as possible to affect quick changes on the subtle body, manly towards the goal of celibacy and urdhvaretas.

2. Manifesting consciously the divine or holiness in everything I do, meaning right mindfulness.

3. Maintaining a Sattvic mind and approach, often meaning seeing the glass half-full instead of half-empty, staying away from negativity and looking into eternity. Also, keeping full vegetarian diet.

4.  Controlling thoughts by using Pratipaksha Bhavana (rapidly changing bad thoughts for the thought of God using Brahman-Abhyasa, often using a mantra as the tool), knowing that the mind can only entertain one thought at a time.

Dream recall: One dream recalled. 

Alfredo 5 years ago

PM Practice concentrated on infusing breath to the thighs (Bhastrika) for approximately 30 minutes. Different floor asanas were tried.

Meditation followed for about the same time. Naad sound was so loud coming from both ears that that was the only thing that called my attention, really, so I concentrated on it for the length of the meditation. At some point, without my asking, the area of the third eye became quite active, producing several visions.