Practice Report (Viewed 55 times)
Standard
Rating: 107
Practice Report
Posted on April 16, 2018

Meditationtime Forum Post

Date:  Posted 5 years before Apr 16, 2018

devaPriya Yogini 5 years ago

Practice this morning was good except that 25 mins or so into meditation i fell into dreamless sleep but woke refreshed.  I was in a very blank state for quite awhile till i awoke.

I have been having a lot of long drawn out vivid dreams during the night lately so may be that’s a reason for being tired when trying to meditate in my morning session.

This evening during practice after doing several postures with breath infusion and experiencing some mild kundalini, when I went from adho mukha svanasan (dog) dropping down into a bhujangasan (cobra), i had an intense rise of energy up into my head that can only be described as blissful.

I meditated after this and was able to maintain a state of quiet settled centered consciousness and naad absorption with the whole body feeling light, like it wasn't there.

There have been several additional tones showing up lately within naad.

MiBeloved 5 years ago

devaPriya Yogini wrote:

Practice this morning was good except that 25 mins or so into meditation i fell into dreamless sleep but woke refreshed.  I was in a very blank state for quite awhile till i awoke.

MiBeloved's Response:

Some dreamless sleep states are entries into the causal body. More or less causal body means entering a state of sheer unexpressed essence energy which is the desire basis of all fulfillments and pleasures in the material world on the subtle and gross levels. Because it is unexpressed it is just as if it were nothing except for its essence value.

Minute observations and very sensitive consciousness causes one to detect if it is the causal plane of existence. Regular entry there supplies the yogi with mental and emotional stability.

Ultimately to settle up with the material world, to get over our crazy addictions here, to free ourselves from desires for this vulgar existence, we have to move back into the causal plane and find a way to be satisfied with just the unexpressed energy which is there. Coming out of it and going crazy over all these vulgar interactions in the material world is really a type of insanity, but once we come out and we come out with the desire energy, we are forced into the fulfillment efforts and the resultant traumas.

===============================

devaPriya Yogini wrote:

I have been having a lot of long drawn out vivid dreams during the night lately so maybe that’s a reason for being tired when trying to meditate in my morning session.

MiBeloved's Response:

At first when keeping track of dream life, one may become super involved. This is due to becoming aware of what the subtle body gets involved in and making an effort to control it. Over time this will change where you will begin to take a back seat, so as to observe the subtle body, to study its subconscious and not-so-conscious operations in the astral world. And then some understanding will be derived and you can realistically deal with the behavior and association of the astral form.

Astral world consciousness is not about control. It is more about realizing what you cannot control in which dimension and then training the self to avoid those places where very little control can be exhibited.

Getting drunk and speaking about control is ludicrous. Control means not entering the drunk zone at any time.

In the astral world control really means not going to certain levels. It is similar to alcohol addiction. To control it the person has to not take the substance period. Taking it and trying to control shows great ignorance and stupid arrogance.

On certain astral levels certain things are going to happen regardless of one’s desire to control those events. Therefore the way out is to train the subtle body to not enter those zones. But first one has to realize the whereabouts of the subtle body and one has to wake up on the astral side with discrimination, not so much to control what is happening there but to realize what cannot be controlled on what level over there.

Yoga is more about finding compatible environments and it is less about controlling and trying to change incompatible dimensions. Why waste time fighting a losing battle trying to change environments which you won’t change anyway because of their essential and very permanent natures.

devaPriya Yogini wrote:

This evening during practice after doing several postures with breath infusion and experiencing some mild kundalini, when I went from adho mukha svanasan (dog) dropping down into a bhujangasan (cobra), i had an intense rise of energy up into my head that can only be described as blissful.

MiBeloved's Response:

I would suggest that you find images even basic sketches of the said poses and include those, rather than use the Sanskrit or English names alone. Everyone is not familiar with these names and there are variations of some poses. If you have trouble figuring how to add images let us know.

Mild kundalini rises are more important than the intense rises but in the beginning one has this tendency to overlook or even not to feel the mild rises. Mild rises should be noted and captured and should be forced into themselves so that they concentrate more. Then they should be pulled upwards through the neck into the head.

One serious impediment for yogis and yoginis is the natural way of the subtle body which is to accumulate pleasure energy so as to produce a big pleasure burst. This is taught to all human beings after the infant bodies reach sexual maturity. Instead of releasing the pleasure energy in small bits, the system (kundalini) instructs the system to hoard it for big bits of climatic pleasure burst.

This system has caused an addiction to these big bursts. As a result the student must at first seek big burst of kundalini and be insensitive to the small bursts. Overtime this will change as the addictive tendency changes in the psyche.

devaPriya Yogini wrote:

I meditated after this and was able to maintain a state of quiet settled centered consciousness and naad absorption with the whole body feeling light, like it wasn't there.

There have been several additional tones showing up lately within naad.

MiBeloved's Response:

Naad sound is the life saver of a yogi. It is the mother of advanced yogis and yoginis. With naad you are free from the curse of having to use mantras. You do not have to visualize anything. Naad has to become like a loving mother. The yogi has to become as an infant of about a week old. Naad has to become like the full breast of milk of that loving mother. Then it has to become as just the milk oozing from that mother’s breast.

Relationship of the core-self and naad should become very private and confidential.

Mothers are sometimes fascinated at the full absorption which their infants give to breast milk. A similar thing happens with a yogi or yogini where naad begins to look over the yogi with fascination as the yogi becomes more and more absorbed.