Nostril Imbalance (Viewed 19 times)
Standard
Rating: 106
Nostril Imbalance
Posted on August 11, 2017

Meditationtime Forum Post

Date:  Posted 5 years before Aug 11, 2017

MiBeloved 5 years ago

Breath Infusion practice this morning focused mostly on the effects of infusion using the left nostril and little of the right nostril. This happened because of the atmospheric conditions and the predominance of moon energy in the area.

During some sessions both nostrils will work at full capacity. During some the left one will. During others, the right one will. This happens because of the influence of the sun and moon. Moon influence causes the left nostril to be more open than the right. While a predominance of sun energy causes the right nostril to be more open.

When there is a balance of these energies, both nostrils draw in air at their full capacity but even then, the fact is that the right nostril will pull in more air because the left lung is not as big as the right lung. The idea that everything should be balanced is merely a mental concept. This is a whole existence but that does not mean that it is balanced equally between the various forces. Sun influence is much more than moon influence over all. Moon will never be equal to sun even though moon can predominate under certain special conditions depending on where the individual is located.

If one nostril is more open than the other, the bhastrika pranayama process if done proficiently will cause that nostril to serve the whole system and then after a time, one will find that after the left side for instance is open, after it is filled with pranic energy, that fill will go over to the right side and when that side is filled the system will be in a full balance, not an equal balance necessarily but a full balance, with each side being filled to its capacity.

This is different to the system of trying to use aniloma and viloma pranayama to make a balance psyche with equal energy on either side of the subtle body, on either side of the sushumna central passage in the ida and pingala channels.

Alfredo 5 years ago

I have also found that using a Neti Pot before Pranayama helps with equalization, when blockage is due to excess mucus in one nostril/passage.

Jettins 5 years ago

Moon influence causes the left nostril to be more open than the right.

I woke up with a nearly closed right nostril and opened left today. My feet became cold during the night.

MiBeloved 5 years ago

Alfredo,

How does that help with the nadi clearance in the subtle body?

What is your experience with the neti pot as to its effects on the subtle body?

I used neti pot years ago when Arthur Beverford demonstrated it and recommended it because Rishi Singh Gherwal has showed him the method. There is also the system of holding water in the cupped-palm of your hand and then inhaling the water slowly. I used to do that.

My finding is that it did not do anything in the subtle body. Or it had a superficial momentary effect. Did you find other effects in your system?

How does that offset sun/moon proportional energy balance?

On occasion if you check you will find that even with cleared nostrils, still kundalini will rise during a posture more on one side than on the other side.

The neti pot system is a valid system but when one shifts over to the subtle side, its value decreases since one finds out that it has a superficial effect on that.

Most of the time when kundalini rises, a student will find that it raises more on one side than on the other. Of course if there is just a slight difference, then the student may not even notice it. But sometimes the student will be puzzled that it raised more on one side.

Forgetting about yoga, if we go to ordinary life, kundalini makes its most pronounced expression during sexual climax and even that occurs more on one side than on the other, even though the experience is so intense and pleasurable that the individual cannot be objective enough to check this.

When I am practicing, there might be an inspiration which comes up and which dictates that I stretch to one side, but when I do so, kundalini will fire into that side of the body and produce electric cramp-like sensations with a bliss aspect. As soon as I feel that this has maxed out in terms of intensity, I usually stretch to the other side, but then kundalini may barely fire into that side.

A human body is not a balanced system. The idea that it is balanced or that it should be is mostly a mental construction based on our desire for equality and balancing. Nothing is equal anywhere in this material nature, but the human beings are chasing that anyway.

One lung is smaller than the other.

The heart is tilted more to the left side of the body.

One testis is larger than the other.

One ovary has less potency than another.

One hand does more tasks than the other.

One foot puts more emphasis in striding than the other.

One eye has a different seeing capacity than the other.

There is that guy who is the famous physicist, who sits in the wheel chair. His body is twisted more to one side.

There is a billion dollar cosmetic product industry just to deal with this situation of nature imbalance in material nature. Human beings crave the balance.

I am working doing some house repairs for a relative right now. Sometimes the lady, who owns the place, comes and finds a blemish in something and she immediately lashes out about it because it offends her need for order.

If you ever do art work, don’t send it to Sir Paul because the guy is nuts about order and perspective in art. Once over 30 years ago I did this painting and Sir Paul was terribly upset about it, because I didn’t get the shadows right. Much of the perspective was way off. It was actually way on but he was into order and he didn’t want for disorder to make a standing.

Who wants to add to chaos?

After all the whole universe is a chaos or disorder according to physics and the artists, the classical ones, want to set things in their proper place.

MiBeloved 5 years ago

Jettins,

So you can hold an election and find another sun to shine on your holy head.

Run these planets the democratic way.

Alfredo 5 years ago

MiBeloved's query:

How does that help with the nadi clearance in the subtle body?

What is your experience with the neti pot as to its effects on the subtle body?

Alfredo's Reply:

My experience does not extend to the subtle body.

=====================================

MiBeloved's query:

My finding is that it did not do anything in the subtle body. Or it had a superficial momentary effect. Did you find other effects in your system?

Alfredo's Reply:

It helps at the physical level, and the help seems to extend to a protractive practice. I do not know how much this affects the nadis of the subtle body.

MiBeloved wrote:

This is different to the system of trying to use aniloma and viloma pranayama to make a balance psyche with equal energy on either side of the subtle body, on either side of the sushumna central passage in the ida and pingala channels.

Alfredo's Reply:

We were taught to do Navi Kriya (Kriya bow), followed by Maha Mudra, several times to equalize Ida and Pingala. This rarely happened, if at all. There is a cycle, and normally one nostril is more blocked, and this oscillates back and forth. Anyhow, Navi Kriya is a most powerful Kriya.

MiBeloved wrote:

If you ever do art work, don’t send it to Sir Paul because the guy is nuts about order and perspective in art.

Alfredo's Reply:

Perhaps I am a member of that tribe.

Paul 5 years ago

The etymology for the word art is "putting things in order". And perhaps this may explain some of the madness associated with artists.

We live in a time where things are called the opposite of what they really mean, so for many artists order means chaos and chaos means order. There's humor here. Michael is the most ordered, and organized person I’ve ever known. Down to the atomic level so what does he mean here?

It's true though, don't send your artwork to me. Anything goes and like Andy Warhol gave this definition of art as "anything you can get away with" .

Jettins 5 years ago

"Anything you can get away with", unfortunately this reminded me of Lady Gaga.

MiBeloved 5 years ago

Lady Gaga

Getting millions to jump around a stage in a mickey mouse costume!

If that is not some order, then what is?

Jettins 5 years ago

I call those millions that jump around to a mickey mouse costume sheeple.

MiBeloved 5 years ago

LinkedIn inquiry:

Caroline Barnes wrote: Hi Michael,

What do you think it means when one nostril is always more open that the other one, not just functionally but literally, one nostril is bigger than the other one. I noticed this in myself years ago and as a massage therapist if have noticed it in others too. One interpretation I heard is that if the left nostril is bigger it means you are more introverted and if the right is bigger it means you are more extroverted. Do you agree with that interpretation?

MiBeloved's Response:

I cannot confirm nor deny that bit about the introversion and extroversion.

I can however tell you my own observation. In the first place it is a medical fact that in most of the human bodies, the left lung is smaller than the right lung. From a physiological view point, that is so because the heart is slanted to the left and is not in the center of the chest.

I have noticed in my own body, that the right and left hands commit to particular actions. Sometimes there is an indecision as regarding what one particular hand should do, then one hand performs the action while the other hand remains indifferent to it.

I was doing bhastrika pranayama now for some 40 years since around 1972.There were times when I ceased it for months because of being prohibited from doing it in certain ashrams and also because it was not liked by persons whom I domiciled with.

From that practice, I observed that when the right nostril is fully open, it is due to a predominance of sun energy in the atmosphere. If the moon energy is predominate the left nostril  is fully open, and if they are both in balance both nostrils are equally open and take in their full capacity of air. Here however the left one takes in less air because its capacity, volume, is less

In my body, I would not be surprised if someone measured and found that the right nostril was bigger than the left but I know for a fact that generally during pranayama practice the right side brings in more breath energy.

In this present body, I have not seen anything which is equally balanced anywhere. In the astral world as well where I frequent, I do not see any such thing. Therefore for me all that hype about balance and equality is hogwash.

Still I am open if someone can provide evidence. Like for instance if someone has an eye which has the exact prescription as the other eye, I would be glad to hear about it. If someone has a testes which is the exact size as the other one I would be anxious to know about it. If someone has a finger which is the exact shape and has all exact markings as the corresponding one, I would like to know about it. But until then, all those conversations about perfect balance and so on, just run pass me.

I have done kundalini yoga for years now raising kundalini at least once per day using a very reliable bhastrika pranayama practice, thanks to Yogi Harbhajan Singh Sahib, and up to this day I have never experienced a perfect ida and pingala in total equal balance, one is always more or less than the other even if it is to the slightest hardly-detectable degree.

Alfredo 5 years ago

To Michael: Is/was there any relationship between Rishi Singh Gherwal and Yogi Harbhajan Singh Sahib?

MiBeloved 5 years ago

They are yogi friends in the astral world.

I did not see this until recently.

Rishi's student, Arthur Beverford, who was my first formal teacher for yoga in this body, did not teach bhastrika but taught alternate breathing in the proper way. He (Beverford) was not too favored of the bhastrika practice which I did once in his presence. He gave the feeling that it was too aggressive because his impression about yoga was that it was more or less a passive system as compared to Japanese Martial Arts which he was authorized to teach.

There is one important piece of the puzzle which should be stated.

It is this:

I combed through the astral regions for Rishi Singh for many years and was never able to find him. Stranger is the fact that no astral yogi ever said that he knew where Rishi was located. But during his life Rishi was an agent for the British in India, and Beverford who worked for OSI intelligence for the US military said that Rishi was hired by the British to find Rishi and he did this for years and the British never realized that they hired someone to find the same person whom they hired.

So Rishi was a master of hiding both on the physical and astral planes, because I could not find him. It is only recently within the past three years that I gained contact with him and it was because he wanted me to do some translation work for him.

I realized that he knew Yogi Bhajan because I once saw them talking in the astral regions about a year or so ago.

Both of them were Sikh in terms of parental religious background.