Meditations of an absolute beginner 10-20 (Viewed 403 times)
Non-member
Rating: 0

I missed posting yesterday as I came back and just lay down and went to sleep. I did get up and do the morning session, though. I skipped the evening session for two days due to the very physical work we are doing around here. Deconstructing a house is hard work!

YOGA

Why can't I jump up and down? When we start out and jump up and down, I am all over the place. It may be that I am in a bad place in the coutrtyard. Or it may be that I haven't found my center yet. HHHHMMMMM...

Breath infusion is getting a bit easier. I concentrate on what my body needs instead of trying to breathe as rapidly as the masters. I am beginning to concentrate better on moving the oxygen to different parts of my body. I am visualizing the oxygen moving to my arms and legs and different parts of my body and, today, felt a tingling where my concentration was. Kind of nice to know that I am gaining some control and using it wisely. Even when Michael is not standing next to me, I can feel the points where he is asking me to tighten and control.

MEDITATION

Let me find my strength

Let me find my strength

Let me find my strength

Let me find my strength

Trying very hard to sit in easy pose instead of lying down. Because my legs aren't used to that pose, they begin to hurt and fall asleep. I try to maintain the pose as long as I can but, at some point I break concentration and move my legs.

Too much going on in my head the last few mornings. I am trying to let it go but it isn't easy.My ego still wants to assert itself and spew all the feelings I have about an unpleasant situation around here.

Let me find my strength

Let me find my strength

Let me find my strength

Let me find my strength

Non-member
Rating: 1
Medittions of an absolute beginner 10-20
Reply #1 Posted on October 20, 2013

Why can't I jump up and down? When we start out and jump up and down, I am all over the place. It may be that I am in a bad place in the coutrtyard. Or it may be that I haven't found my center yet. HHHHMMMMM...

========

MiBeloved:

To remain in one place which jumping while doing breath infusion, look down to the ground and keep your visual focus on one spot somewhere ahead of you. After doing this for some weeks or month, you will be able to keep in the same position even with eyes closed.

Be sure however that as soon as you stop jumping that you close your eyes and focus internally so as to keep track of the energies.

Non-member
Reply #2 Posted on October 20, 2013

If I don't keep my eyes open while jumping, I also am all over the place, even turning in circles.

Some years back, while the body was going through menopause, I stopped jumping altogether due to back pain when landing and a physical-psychological heaviness that made jumping up and down nearly impossible.

Even in yoga, change is a factor, for my body is able to jump again now.

Keep observing and adapting. You are already developing a good sense of how to proceed.

Non-member
Reply #3 Posted on October 20, 2013

Hi Mimi~

Maybe try jumping without leaving the ground. Meaning that you would bend into the knees as if to jump and make a move as if to jump but don't let your feet leave the ground.

This simulates the impact that would be created from a full jump which is obviously the importance of the movement in terms of tending to the lymphatic system/immune system as well as the subtle body effects. If you get going with it, maybe the heels will start leaving the ground, going up and down with the jump movement and eventually possibly the whole foot.

I have plenty of students for one reason or another have a hard time jumping but eventually get it unless they have double knee replacements.

Knee replacements, back problems, foot pain, even big breasts are a factor when jumping but there are ways of dealing with these things successfully!

Good work with your practice!Wink

Standard
Rating: 139

This post is here by surprise. It is not clear where it came from. It was posted in 2013, so how is it re-posted now?

Standard
Rating: 27

This is not my post, or my writing!   An error of some kind.  Where did this come from? 

Non-member
Rating: 0
Reply #6 Posted 8 hours ago
Vejam que desconto é válido para os meses de janeiro e também fevereiro de 2009, APENAS para as leitoras cá do blogue.
Standard
Rating: 139

SPAM WARMING! Not my post and not yours either, Just made to look like it is.

Sorry for the inconvenience, while a solution is expected.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Standard
Rating: 103

This is not my post either. I have a back up copy of all the meditationtime forum posts which I have posted in inselfyoga and this is not the post I have posted. This seems to be due to some internal system error !!

Quick Reply