Astral Body / Sleeping Mode (Viewed 12 times)
Standard
Rating: 107
Astral Body / Sleeping Mode
Posted on November 08, 2018

Meditationtime Forum Post

Date:  Posted 6 years before Nov 08, 2018

MiBeloved 6 years ago

Dean's question:

You said that the subtle body sleeps. Is there a specific time that it sleeps and does it need as much sleep as the physical body?

MiBeloved’s Reply:

The subtle body gets less time to sleep unless one is in a species of life where the life force psychic mechanism (kundalini) is set for hibernation type of resting. But there is a mandatory big hibernation when the universe shuts down temporarily. You can get some idea about this from the information provided by Markandeya Yogi to Yudhishthira in the Mahabharata. I translated this in a small book called Krishna Cosmic Body.

In that book there is the experience of Markandeya who asked Krishna, the Cosmic Oversoul, about the disappearance of everyone from the subtle and gross material world after the sub-creator, Brahma, fell asleep.

Krishna explained that he removed the entities from Brahma’s psyche, having transferred them into his own (Krishna’s).

So these subtle bodies will go on existing for about the duration of the galaxy we are in and then they will be suspended because of not being maintained by the energy of the cosmic deity. This is something like whatever is in your mind cannot remain active in wakefulness unless you are awake. As soon as you sleep many things shut down or are suspended existentially and then when you awake again, those things come alive again.

The subtle body also sleeps while it is interspaced in the physical form but it sometimes sleeps while it is shifted out of the physical form. Then it does so floating. In either case it is floating but when it is still interspaced into the physical form there is the mental confusion which occurs which makes a person think that the physical body and the astral body are one. This is another instance of the false samadhi oneness called sleep.

If you do yoga, particularly pranayama, you do not need as much time to rejuvenate the subtle body. In pranayama practice, the kundalini is targeted for a special type of rejuvenation and so it does not need as much rest as it would otherwise.

However since it is fused with the physical system, the condition of the physical body affects it. Therefore we cannot just say that the subtle body’s condition is independent. It is only independent after the physical system dies and then it is alone without having any connection with that physical form. But as soon as an embryo is developed again, the reliance and interrelationship between the subtle and physical begins afresh.

For that matter for most people, non-yogis, after they die, after their subtle bodies are permanently disconnected from the physical forms, they feel very tired in the astral world and this is because of their subtle body being worn out by stress when they were alive on this side.

You know there is this thing called RIP, Rest In Peace. They try to rest for some months or years and then when their subtle bodies are rejuvenated, they become attracted to a family of material human beings and then they fuse into the subtle energy of their would be parents’ romantic energy and they come out again in the world as a baby of a woman.

So that is how it is. There was this friend of ours, Victor Vlcek, a friend of Sir Paul, Marcia Beloved, Sharon Thornton and myself. He passed on after getting HIV. I used to see him in the astral. At first the HIV had such a drastic effect on his subtle body and he spent years in a floating pad of HIV deceased people who were in the astral world. Their astral forms were painful for them and they could not move. Then after about seven years, he left that place and was able to move around in the astral.

You can study the operations of the astral body but you have to divert your attention to the astral side to do this. In as much as we know much about the physical body due to our compulsive focus on it, we can also shift to the astral side and make an investigation into its situations.

===========================

Obviously you have an interest in the astral side but are you serious enough to shift your focus and investigate it? Or is it just a passion curiosity? It is not easy to do the shift but if you do not do it, you will not gain a foothold there. We have mastered the material environment with all our electronic gadgets and this happened because we focused fully on this side. So the same kind of expertise will arise if we focus on the other side. It is only fair.

Jettins 6 years ago

MiBeloved wrote:

At first the HIV had such a drastic effect on his subtle body and he spent years in a floating pad of HIV deceased people who were in the astral world.

Jettins' Reply:

Reading this reminded me of the beginning of an OBE from 3 days ago (#612). As I was walking out of the house, I got startled by someone standing behind the front door as I opened it. It was an ex friend from a few years ago (at the time he found clients for me to make websites) his name is Mainesh Patel, he looked like a ghoul. I went around him without talking to him. In a non-lucid experience from a few days prior to this experience I encountered Mainesh. He was using crutches to walk; I asked him what happened to him. He said he had been in an accident and that the police had caught him. He was using crutches because he didn’t have the lower part of his left leg.  He was a daily alcohol user when I knew him in physical life, It appears that it have had negative consequences.

I wondered about him at that point, could be why I saw him again during the OBE.  Later during that same OBE, I met women that told me light can heal the subtle body and that healing it there would even affect the condition of the physical body. She brought a light and shinned it in my hand because some of my fingers in my right hand where deformed. The fingers looked like tentacles (probably from so much practice playing the piano). “Now focus very strongly on your hand, it is in your DNA to be able to heal” I focused on my hand to try to heal it, and then the fingers slowly started fixing themselves. I will write more on this one later on because there are other interesting little things she said.

This experience and many others make me think that the conditions of the subtle body and astral body have a real importance.  It could determine what one goes through after physical death.

==================================

MiBeloved wrote:

You can study the operations of the astral body but you have to divert your attention to the astral side to do this. In as much as we know much about the physical body due to our compulsive focus on it, we can also shift to the astral side and make an investigation into its situations.

Jettins' Reply:

Could be very useful indeed.